The OSCI Volunteers (from Ateneo de Manila University) is calling for donations (in-kind, cash or pledge) to help the families that have been affected by the floods in Siruma, Camarines Sur province. For more information, please refer to the image posted.
Collecting donations (monetary aid (CASH or PLEDGE or via PAYPAL c/ohttp://www.pasagoods.com/pActivity.php?gactid=8), canned goods or medicines) at MVP 209 (in Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan) until Friday (January 21, 2011).
Education Generation: Education for Students Around the World
How you can help: Donate (via Paypal) to collectively fund the tuition of 1 student for as low as $20 USD.
How it helps: By donating, you’re contributing to the education of 1 student. By having this particular student graduate, you’re helping break the cycle of poverty 1 student at a time.
How to donate:
- Register in Education Generation to have your own account
- Click “View Students” to see which one needs the money as soon as possible. (I see 2 students now from Kenya who $40 and $80 more by Jan 15, 2011).
- Click on the student you chose. Choose the amount you wish to donate from the drop down box. You can also choose to donate to Education Generation with their Operations (10% of your donated amount).
- When you’re done, click on “Secure Checkout” to get redirected to Paypal. If you don’t have a Paypal account, you can pay using your credit card via Paypal.
- Pay the $22 which consists of $20 (Tuition Sponsorship) and $2 (Optional donation to Education Generation). Converted to Philippine Peso, that’s PhP 994.75.
Other things to share:
- They’ve got 209 scholarships funded (to-date)
- The target scope is global but it looks like their current scope is within India, Kenya, Peru, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Rwanda. It doesn’t look like there’s Philippines yet. Philippines can still be in this list!
- Some of these kids are in High School, some are in College.
For more information, visit their website: http://www.educationgeneration.org