The OSCI Volunteers (from Ateneo de Manila University) is calling for donations (in-kind, cash or pledge) to help the families that have been affected by the floods in Siruma, Camarines Sur province. For more information, please refer to the image posted.
Collecting donations (monetary aid (CASH or PLEDGE or via PAYPAL c/ohttp://www.pasagoods.com/pActivity.php?gactid=8), canned goods or medicines) at MVP 209 (in Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan) until Friday (January 21, 2011).
Education Generation: Education for Students Around the World
How you can help: Donate (via Paypal) to collectively fund the tuition of 1 student for as low as $20 USD.
How it helps: By donating, you’re contributing to the education of 1 student. By having this particular student graduate, you’re helping break the cycle of poverty 1 student at a time.
How to donate:
- Register in Education Generation to have your own account
- Click “View Students” to see which one needs the money as soon as possible. (I see 2 students now from Kenya who $40 and $80 more by Jan 15, 2011).
- Click on the student you chose. Choose the amount you wish to donate from the drop down box. You can also choose to donate to Education Generation with their Operations (10% of your donated amount).
- When you’re done, click on “Secure Checkout” to get redirected to Paypal. If you don’t have a Paypal account, you can pay using your credit card via Paypal.
- Pay the $22 which consists of $20 (Tuition Sponsorship) and $2 (Optional donation to Education Generation). Converted to Philippine Peso, that’s PhP 994.75.
Other things to share:
- They’ve got 209 scholarships funded (to-date)
- The target scope is global but it looks like their current scope is within India, Kenya, Peru, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Rwanda. It doesn’t look like there’s Philippines yet. Philippines can still be in this list!
- Some of these kids are in High School, some are in College.
For more information, visit their website: http://www.educationgeneration.org
IRead Movement: For the Youth in St. Claire Development Center in Bulacan
How you can help: Donate books, library materials, or money to help IREAD’s library for St. Claire Development center in Bulacan.
How it helps: It introduces reading as an enjoyable and interesting activity to the less fortunate young numbers of society (SEC D, E).
How to donate:
- Monetary Donation: Cash, Check, or Bank account transfer
- Donate in Kind: 1) Books - workbooks, reference books, literary books. 2) Library Materials - electric fan, computers, plastic cover, carpet (anything you feel we can use for a children’s library will be greatly appreciated).
Contact details: Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org and the mobile phone details are in their Facebook Fan Page.
Photos from their Website:
For more information on IREAD, visit their website: IREAD Facebook Fan Page
BPI Express Credit Card Points for Charity
Are you a BPI Express Credit Card holder?
How you can help: Use 1000 BPI Credit Points to donate PhP100 pesos to charity.
How it helps: It depends on the organization you choose, but 100 pesos can go a long way. Check out each charity to understand what they do so you can choose wisely.
How to redeem your points for charity:
- Call 89-100 and maneuver your way through their automated-answering-machine maze. You’ll eventually find your way to the Frequent User Redemption benefits (it’s under the Credit Cards category).
- You can go to their website and fill out the Frequent User Redemption Form and either a.) fax it to 845-5738 (Routing Code: 20387) OR b.) bring it to 16F BPI Card Center, 8753 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City.
For more information, visit their website: mybpimag.com